AutoMarket is a national database at the 6-digit postal code level, providing current year estimates
of distribution of vehicles and their values by age, by price category, by maker, and by brand category.
AutoMarket describes how consumers shop for auto insurance, oil change service, and recreational vehicles and
how they spend money on vehicles.
A postal code in an urban area may indicate a specific city block-face (one side of a street between two intersecting streets), a single building or, in some cases, a large-volume mail
receiver, or a specific rural community in rural areas. It constitutes one of the smallest and most natural geographic units with sustainable, sufficient and easily accessible information sources.
The AutoMarket database can be easily integrated to a company’s existing customer databases via postal codes.
Why Choose AutoMarket?
Over 18.4 million personal vehicles are registrated in Canada. That translates to 1.5 vehicle per household. An average Canadian household spends annually $11,600 on shelter, $8,350 on transportation, and $6,800 on food, $2,400 on clothing and $3,600 on recreation. Transportation and automobile is the second largest expenditure
of the average households. Automobile has a significant impact on consumer behavior. For many it is an essential tool in the life and work. For others it is a great enrichment in their life.
Understanding who use what kind of vehicles and how this is related to their lifestyle is not only important to the car manufactures, but also to other industries, particularly retailers and services providers. For example:
- financial institutions have been using vehicle’s value as one measure for credit worthiness.
- Geography and demographics help automobile insurance companies assess risks
- Coupled with consumer shopping habits data from Manifold, you can quantify, e.g., how BMW, AMEX, Loblaws and Holt Renfrew are sharing their assets – the customer base.
AutoMarket provides you one of the most important information to understand consumers’ lifestyle and anticipate their needs and desires. It helps automobile industry estimate market demand, derive consumer profile and segmentation, perform trade area and competition analysis, and identify the best consumer groups and geographic areas for target marketing. For retailers and service providers AutoMarket reveals cross-sell and up-sell opportunities. As a linkage among transportation, real estate, employment and recreation, AutoMarket will help government agencies and communities for strategy planning.
||Current year estimates & projections
||6-digit postal code, Municipal, Provincial, National
- Statistics Canada*
- Canada Postal Corporation
- Adhome and BBM Surveys
- Manifold proprietary databases
*No confidential information about an individual, family, household, organization or business has been obtained from Statistics Canada.
- Based on one million responses
- Designed for small geographic areas
- Covers every geographic level
- Developed by international renowned data mining scientists
- Uses advanced data mining technologies
- Updated on an ongoing basis via postal codes
- Validated by third party data
- Has high differentiating and predictive power
- Easy integration with customer database